The Central Almaguin Economic Development Association, or CAEDA (kay-dah) for short, is made up of the municipalities of South River, Joly, Strong and Sundridge, with the common goal of strengthening the regional economy. In 2008, these municipalities decided that by working together they could become stronger in the pursuit of economic development. Councillors from each area meet together to further the regional goals.
CAEDA is focused on ensuring our social and economic stability. Our committee supports local businesses, encourages investment, and works to draw tourists to the Central Almaguin region. One of our first major accomplishments was to have the no signage on Hwy. 11 decision overturned.
Our establishment is committed to being both environmentally and economically friendly, through supporting programs that leave a minimal impact on the surrounding geographical area.
Our guiding factors will give you further insight as to who we are: We aim to be an effective agent in the attraction, retention, and development of businesses or enterprises which contribute to the economic, social, and general well being of the communities.
- We act as a liaison between prospecting business people and elected officials and municipal staffing.
- We are a catalyst for economic development initiatives for the municipalities.
- We make every effort to ensure the local human and natural resources are utilized.
- We ensure the projects promoted compliment the preservation of our environment.
- We combine our communities’ complimentary strengths and weaknesses to provide greater synergy. We pool resources for investment attraction and economic development