"This section provides data and information related to lmi-dashboard for Western Regional Enterprise Network, NS lmi-dashboard https://townfolio.co/ns/western-regional-enterprise-network/lmi-dashboard
LMI Dashboard – Q3 2018 Update
- Overall population in slow decline. Key ratio: 25% over 65, 18% under 20.
- Natural growth rate negative: 62 births per 100 deaths.
- Migration rate has turned positive: From -80 per 10,000 population in 2014 to +31 per 10,000 in 2017.
- Most of the migration is from interprovincial migration - people moving in from other provinces.
- Employment up by 3,400 from July 2017 to July 2018. Unemployment rate drops to only 5.5%.
- The number of job vacancies up 40% in Q1 2018 compared to Q1 2017. Average wage on offer $17.10, up slightly.
- Manufacturing jobs up in July 2018 compared to recent years, public sector jobs down.
- The number of Employment Insurance (EI) recipients in June 2018 down 4% year-over-year.
Workforce Related Media
- Cape Sharp Tidal project in jeopardy - August 2018
- Western REN completes Continues Improvement project - July 2018
- Bar Harbor company looking at international ferry service between Maine and Yarmouth - July 2018
- NSCC Burridge campus adds 30 seats to early childhood educator program - July 2018
- Yarmouth rope company’s expansion quashed - May 2018
- Communities in Yarmouth, Digby counties part of high-speed internet funding announcement - May 2018
- A.F. Theriault and Son Ltd. embarking on $6.65 million expansion - April 2018
- Restaurantworx serves up trained graduates in Yarmouth - April 2018
- Movie mania rushes into Nova Scotia fishing town - May 2018