"This section provides data and information related to lmi-dashboard for Pictou County, NS lmi-dashboard https://townfolio.co/ns/pictou-county/lmi-dashboard
LMI Dashboard – Q2 2020 Update
- Covid-19 did not hit the North Shore region as hard as others.
- Employment dropped by 12% from May 2019 to May 2020.
- The unemployment rate rose from 7.8% to 11.6% from May 2019 to May 2020.
- Accommodation and food services employment only dropped 7% from May 2019 to May 2020.
- Personal and professional services employment is down 26% and primary industries employment down 56%.
- Public sector employment is up year-over-year (May 2019 to May 2020).
- Construction employment is up year-over-year (May 2019 to May 2020).
- The number of people collecting EI rose slighty year-over-year but the data is only through February.
- In the past month there have been 37 new job postings in Pictou (Job Bank)
- In the past month there have been 41 new job postings in Trenton and 35 in Stellerton (Job Bank)
- The top jobs were retail sales, nurses aides, cleaners and accounting clerks.
- In the media, there were stories about shortages of farm and fish processing workers and the NSCC moves fully online in the fall.
Workforce Related Media
- Milestone year' for Nova Scotia film industry spoiled by COVID-19 - June 2020
- There is an ongoing shortage of certified air conditioning mechanics in Nova Scotia - June 2020
- NSCC announces most classes moving online for entire school year - June 2020
- Northern Pulp's creditor protection leaves air of uncertainty in Pictou County - June 2020
- Mentoring Plus project partners with Pictou County Chamber of Commerce - June 2020
- Pictou County hopes to earn federal support for rural broadband project - June 2020
- Ignite Labs recieves national award - June 2020
- Who will harvest our food? Nova Scotians not filling farm job vacancies - June 2020
- Two local firms named as finalists for Ignite Labs award - June 2020
- List of AIPP destinated employers published - May 2020