In 1907 Ontario‐born Milo Munroe homesteaded north of Vulcan and opened a post office in his farmhouse the following year. Despite his brief tenure as postmaster, this railway village retains Munroe’s first name.
Milo is a clean, close‐knit thriving community that has grown and prospered over the years. A beautiful new Community Hall was opened in 1985 and in 1998 a new kitchen, lobby and bar where added to the Curling Rink. The local Lions Club operates and maintains a grassed and well‐treed playground for the children, which with its automatic sprinklers, is a busy spot for picnickers as well. There are several businesses serving the community. The Village of Milo is just off the shore of the northernmost tip of Lake McGregor, which is about a 5 minute drive away and can also be reached by walking path.